Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/04 11:18:43 UTC

Re: SLING-117: don't go up the path in ResourceResolver for GET requests, and get rid of suffixes?

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 04.12.2007, 10:33 +0100 schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz:
> >   /content/foo/bar -> 404 for GET, else further processing, suffix=/bar, extension ??
>
> extension is empty in this case, right?

I would say so, yes. What I am not sure, is whether this is acceptable ?

> >   /content/foo/bar/bar -> 404 always
>
> so to create that node you'd first have to create /content/foo/bar ?

Yes.

> For an unsafe request (i.e. not a GET) we might also say
>
>   /content/foo/bar/bar -> 404 for GET, else further processing,
> suffix=/bar/bar, extension empty
>
> How does WebDAV handle this case? I think in WebDAV you have to create
> the folders one by one?

I am not sure, whether this is specified in WebDAV. In a filesystem, it
is like this.

The question is, whether we would want to create intermediate nodes
automagically or not. In a filesystem, this is trivial because
intermediate nodes must be folders. In a repository, this is not trivial
because intermediate nodes may be almost anything.

Regards
Felix