Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2007/12/06 15:42:46 UTC

Session handling in sling and microsling

If I see it correctly both, sling and microsling, try to authenticate
each request at the jcr repository (which is fine). But currently they
store the returned session in different request attributes.
This makes migrating code from microsling to sling a little bit hard.
I think we should just use the same request attribute to store the session.

WDYT?
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Session handling in sling and microsling

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Felix Meschberger wrote:
> Hi Carsten,
>
> Am Donnerstag, den 06.12.2007, 15:42 +0100 schrieb Carsten Ziegeler:
>> If I see it correctly both, sling and microsling, try to authenticate
>> each request at the jcr repository (which is fine). But currently they
>> store the returned session in different request attributes.
>
> The goal for Sling is to also use the fully qualified name of the
> Session interface just like microsling does. It just has not been done
> yet.

Ah, ok :)

>> This makes migrating code from microsling to sling a little bit hard.
>> I think we should just use the same request attribute to store the session.
>
> Well, the session is there, but I think this attribute should not be
> used on a very broad basis. In fact it is an implementation detail of
> Sling and microsling and not part of the Sling API.

Yes, I know - but I can imagine that sooner or later one needs this
session to do something (whatever this is) - and although this is not
official api, at least we have the same inofficial api in both cases :)

Carsten

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Carsten,

Am Donnerstag, den 06.12.2007, 15:42 +0100 schrieb Carsten Ziegeler:
> If I see it correctly both, sling and microsling, try to authenticate
> each request at the jcr repository (which is fine). But currently they
> store the returned session in different request attributes.

The goal for Sling is to also use the fully qualified name of the
Session interface just like microsling does. It just has not been done
yet.

> This makes migrating code from microsling to sling a little bit hard.
> I think we should just use the same request attribute to store the session.

Well, the session is there, but I think this attribute should not be
used on a very broad basis. In fact it is an implementation detail of
Sling and microsling and not part of the Sling API.

Regards
Felix