Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de> on 2017/03/30 07:49:37 UTC

Permanent Redirects for Site

Yesterday I added a new permanent redirect in https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/site/trunk/content/site/.htaccess. I published the change but still the redirect is not active.
It means when accessing  http://sling.apache.org/site/managing-users-and-groups-jackrabbitusermanager.html I am not getting redirected to http://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/managing-users-and-groups-jackrabbit-usermanager.html.

Are there additional steps being necessary, or do I have to add the redirect to another htaccess file?
Thanks for any help,
Konrad

Re: Permanent Redirects for Site

Posted by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de>.
There are still 33 pages indexed in Google which point to the old documentation below sling.apache.org/site (https://www.google.com/search?as_q=&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=sling.apache.org%2Fsite&as_occt=any&safe=images&as_filetype=&as_rights=#q=site:sling.apache.org/site&as_qdr=all&start=0&*).
Would be good to have redirects for all of them, so that those obsolete results do no longer appear (especially since most of them do not even contain a link to the new documentation page).

Posted by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de>.
Thanks a lot. Works for me now as well.
Konrad

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.