Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Meena Kamath <me...@openmarket.com> on 2001/05/24 23:48:44 UTC

Reader gets overwritten, bug?

I ran into this problem while using getAssociatedStylesheet() to work with
an embedded stylesheet.  To explain this problem better,  I've attached the
UseStylesheetPI example that I modified.
If you notice the transform() and getAssociatedStylesheet() use the same
StreamSource.  The StreamSource has been constructed using a Reader.  On
execution I get this exception

"javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: The root element is required in a
well
-formed document.
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImp
l.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImp
l.java:1174)
        at UseStylesheetPI.main(UseStylesheetPI.java:87)....."

On debugging I found that the getAssociatedStylesheet() actually sets the
reader to null.  I tried it with FileReader as well as StringReader and get
the same results.  Is this a bug?

Thanks
Meena

 <<UseStylesheetPI.java>>