Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Ted Dunning <td...@deepdyve.com> on 2010/07/01 20:10:54 UTC

Re: set-similarity in mahout

Rares, Chenli,

I don't have the specific classes at hand but here are some pointers to
related items ...

- the frequent item-set stuff is related (
http://tdunning.blogspot.com/2010/04/hadoop-user-group-aka-mahout-users.htmland
https://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/parallel-frequent-pattern-mining.html )

- the recommendation system has a cooccurrence counter (recently merged with
similar code:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-mahout-dev/201002.mbox/%3C262964957.461161266929907859.JavaMail.jira@brutus.apache.org%3E
)

- the large scale SVD code includes an efficient A' A multiplier (some of
the discussion is here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-180 but
this is very old and only useful for beginnings of pointers)

Other Mahouts,

This question came out of my slightly less than gracious questioning to Chen
Li and Rares after their talk at the Hadoop Summit.  This is their very
gracious followup which I have taken the liberty of forwarding to the list
to see if anybody can quickly amplify the comments above.

Does anybody have more specific pointers?

Re: set-similarity in mahout

Posted by Chen Li <ch...@ics.uci.edu>.
Ted,

Thanks for the links.  We will look into them.  For other Mahout
developers, our work and source code on set-similarity joins using
Hadoop are available at:
http://asterix.ics.uci.edu/fuzzyjoin-mapreduce/ .  Comments are
welcome.

Chen