Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Raphael Fuchs <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/31 17:07:52 UTC

Question regarding durable exchanges

Hello Qpid users,

I am trying to create an exchange on the broker which is available after
stopping and restarting the broker.

I have seen posts about durable queues:
http://qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com/Qpid-dont-save-durable-queues-td4182044.html
http://qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com/Durable-queues-are-lost-after-restart-td6764543.html

Is it really neccessary to load the store module to get an exchange which
survives restarting the demon?
Or would it be a better approach to recreate the exchange when starting the
qpid broker?

Thanks
Raphael

Re: Question regarding durable exchanges

Posted by Pavel Moravec <pm...@redhat.com>.
> I am trying to create an exchange on the broker which is available after
> stopping and restarting the broker.
>
> I have seen posts about durable queues:
> http://qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com/Qpid-dont-save-durable-queues-td4182044.html
> http://qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com/Durable-queues-are-lost-after-restart-td6764543.html
>
> Is it really neccessary to load the store module to get an exchange which
> survives restarting the demon?
> Or would it be a better approach to recreate the exchange when starting the
> qpid broker?

Both approaches are possible. In the first, you have to load one extra module. In the second, you have to run some script just after broker startup (while some clients wanting to use the exchanges might already be trying to connect).

Kind regards,
Pavel Moravec