Posted to user@struts.apache.org by sanjeev_dutt <sa...@infy.com> on 2002/03/29 08:13:48 UTC

Managing Form without a FormBean

Hi All,

Is it possible to have a form on my JSP without having a bean associated with it ?
Actually on my JSP, I have a button "New Search" and when the user clicks on it, he/she should be taken to main search page.
I have an action class associated with this.
But since user is not submitting any value here, does it make sense to have a form bean here ? Can't we directly call the action class through ActionServlet without have a form in the whole scene.

TIA
Sanjeev

RE: Managing Form without a FormBean

Posted by srinivas <sv...@intensit.de>.
hi,

you don't need a form bean to call struts action.
a simple form with action to the main search page would do, or u can have a
link to the struts action which forwards to the main search page.

hope this helps,

regards,
srinivas
Is it possible to have a form on my JSP without having a bean associated
with it ?
Actually on my JSP, I have a button "New Search" and when the user clicks on
it, he/she should be taken to main search page.
I have an action class associated with this.
But since user is not submitting any value here, does it make sense to have
a form bean here ? Can't we directly call the action class through
ActionServlet without have a form in the whole scene.

TIA
Sanjeev

For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>