Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Joseph Francois <jf...@automatic-media.com> on 2001/06/18 11:09:43 UTC

Install mod_perl on Solaris 2.7

Hello,
    I've been trying to install Mod_perl as APACI on solaris 2.7. but after the build i get " httpd: Cannot find ELF". I make mod_perl install apache for me. when I install apache without mod_perl, apache works fine. Please help

thank you

Re: Install mod_perl on Solaris 2.7

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Paul Lindner wrote:

>        -Uusemymalloc \
> PERL_CCEOPTS=-Dccflags='-DPERL_EMERGENCY_SBRK -DTWO_POT_OPTIMIZE -DPACK_MALLOC'

these options are only in effect when using Perl's malloc, which
-Uusemymalloc turns off.  they are also all turned on by default in 5.6.0+

Re: Install mod_perl on Solaris 2.7

Posted by Paul Lindner <li...@inuus.com>.
On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 11:03:10AM +0100, Paul Reynolds wrote:
> What versoin of mod_perl are you using? I tend to stay away from 1.25. Try
> installing a version between 1.17 and 1.25, excluding 1.25.

The attached script works for our project.  Just replace the @xxxxx@
values with stuff that you use on your own site..  It assumes that you
have the following directory layout:

  ./perl
  ./http/apache
  ./http/mod_perl

We use Apache 1.3.20, mod_perl 1.25, and perl 5.6.1, all built with
gcc 2.95.3 on solaris 2.6 or 2.8..

First off, some optimization flags:

CC=gcc CXX=g++ CFLAGS='-pipe -mcpu=ultrasparc -mtune=ultrasparc -m32 -Wa,-xarch=v8plusa -Os'

Then, the perl args for use on Solaris, followed by some make rules to
build perl..

PERL_OPTS=-O -Dprefix=@prefix@ \
       -Dcc=@CC@ \
       -Doptimize="@CFLAGS@" \
       -Dlocincpth="@prefix@/include" \
       -Dloclibpth="@prefix@/lib" \
       -Dcf_email=ops@xxxx.net \
       -Dperladmin=ops@xxxx.net \
       -Ud_bincompat5005 \
       -Ubincompat5005 \
       -Uusemymalloc \
       -Uinstallusrbinperl \
       -Dlibperl=libperl.so \
       -Duseshrplib=true \
       -Dldflags="-L@prefix@/lib"\
       -Duse64bitint \
       -des

PERL_CCEOPTS=-Dccflags='-DPERL_EMERGENCY_SBRK -DTWO_POT_OPTIMIZE -DPACK_MALLOC'

@prefix@/bin/perl: @srcdir@/perl/perl @srcdir@/perl/Makefile
        $(MAKE) -C @srcdir@/perl install.perl
        cd /usr/include; @prefix@/bin/h2ph * sys/*; \

@srcdir@/perl/perl: @srcdir@/perl/Makefile @prefix@/lib/libgdbm.so
        @$(MAKE) -C @srcdir@/perl -j2 $(DEVARGS)

@srcdir@/perl/Makefile: @srcdir@/perl/Configure
        (cd perl; env CCEOPTS=$(PERL_CCEOPTS) sh Configure $(PERL_OPTS))

And finally the apaci args used to build mod_perl+apache..

HTTPDENV=""
PERLFLAGS=""

APACI_ARGS="--enable-module=status --enable-module=proxy --prefix=@prefix@ --includedir=@prefix@/include/apache --disable-module=so --disable-module=asis --disable-module=imap --disable-module=cgi --disable-module=userdir --disable-module=autoindex --disable-module=include --disable-rule=EXPAT --disable-rule=WANTHSREGEX"

echo "..configuring mod_perl+apache";\
                cd @srcdir@/http/mod_perl;\
                env CFLAGS="@CFLAGS@ -DDYNAMIC_MODULE_LIMIT=0 -DSINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT" $(PERL) $(PERLFLAGS) Makefile.PL $(HTTPDENV)\
                        USE_APACI=1 APACI_ARGS=$(APACI_ARGS) \
                        EVERYTHING=1 PERL_STASH_POST_DATA=1 \
                        DO_HTTPD=1 APACHE_SRC=../apache/src \
                        PERL_USELARGEFILES=0\
                        PERL_MARK_WHERE=1 PERL_SECTIONS_SELF_BOOT=1

Hope this helps others using solaris...  It seems to work well for us.
I can't wait to try gcc 3.0 now that it's been released, this should
allow for even greater optimization of the code base...

--
Paul Lindner
lindner@inuus.com

Re: Install mod_perl on Solaris 2.7

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Paul Reynolds wrote:

> What versoin of mod_perl are you using? I tend to stay away from 1.25.

care to share the problems you have with 1.25?  if they are not fixed in
cvs, now is the time to make them known to be fixed for 1.26.

Re: Install mod_perl on Solaris 2.7

Posted by Paul Reynolds <pa...@venus.co.uk>.