Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Radim Kolar <hs...@sendmail.cz> on 2011/11/02 08:46:47 UTC

update activemq to 5.6

You should update included activemq to 5.6-snapshot because it fixes
highly annoying bug - AMQ-3104 which is no.1 problem why geronimo
refuses to start on unclean shutdown if there was some jms activity in
progress.

Re: update activemq to 5.6

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 11, 2011, at 4:37 AM, Radim Kolar wrote:

> try to release at least 2.2 branch with updated active mq. ActiveMQ soon. It crashes here again and it does about one times per month.

Hi Radim,
Have you tried turning off the ActiveMQ scheduler?

IIRC, you should be able to avoid this by editing var/activemq/conf/activemq.xml and adding schedulerSupport="false" (assuming you don't require ActiveMQ JobScheduler support):

    <broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core" brokerName="${activemq.brokerName}" tmpDataDirectory="${activemq.data}/tmp_storage" useShutdownHook="false" start="false" schedulerSupport="false">

--kevan

Re: update activemq to 5.6

Posted by Radim Kolar <hs...@sendmail.cz>.
try to release at least 2.2 branch with updated active mq. ActiveMQ
soon. It crashes here again and it does about one times per month. Best
long term solution will be probably to migrate into openmq from sun. I
never had this kind of problem with it. I am using openmq for my
applications but activemq is still used withing geronimo.

Test case is very simple. Run JMS benchmark via persistent messages via
jmetter and then kill -9 geronimo.

2011-11-11 10:25:39,360 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting;
GBean is now in the FAILED state:
abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.configs/activemq-broker/2.2.1/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/activemq-broker/2.2.1/car,j2eeType=JMSServer,name=DefaultActiveMQBroker"
java.io.EOFException: Chunk stream does not exist at page: 0
     at org.apache.kahadb.page.Transaction$2.readPage(Transaction.java:454)
     at org.apache.kahadb.page.Transaction$2.<init>(Transaction.java:431)
     at
org.apache.kahadb.page.Transaction.openInputStream(Transaction.java:428)
     at org.apache.kahadb.page.Transaction.load(Transaction.java:404)
     at org.apache.kahadb.page.Transaction.load(Transaction.java:361)
     at
org.apache.activemq.broker.scheduler.JobSchedulerStore$3.execute(JobSchedulerStore.java:250)
     at org.apache.kahadb.page.Transaction.execute(Transaction.java:728)
     at
org.apache.activemq.broker.scheduler.JobSchedulerStore.doStart(JobSchedulerStore.java:239)

Re: update activemq to 5.6

Posted by Radim Kolar <hs...@sendmail.cz>.
Are there plans for an ActiveMQ 5.6 release?
I dont know

Re: update activemq to 5.6

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 2, 2011, at 3:46 AM, Radim Kolar wrote:

> You should update included activemq to 5.6-snapshot because it fixes highly annoying bug - AMQ-3104 which is no.1 problem why geronimo refuses to start on unclean shutdown if there was some jms activity in progress.

Thanks for the pointer. Are there plans for an ActiveMQ 5.6 release?

--kevan