Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/11/25 22:33:43 UTC

[Struts Wiki] Update of "ShaleRelease100" by CraigMcClanahan

Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by CraigMcClanahan:
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/ShaleRelease100

The comment on the change is:
Update status of outstanding bugs

  || 35790 || Application freezes if ids for clay components are duplicated || clay || (./) ||
  || 35839 || Clay processes components inside HTML comments || clay || LATER[2] ||
  || 35841 || Clay doesn't preserve the component hierarchy in HTML templates || clay || (./) ||
+ || 37024 || No clay component configuration for MyFaces Tomahawk || clay || LATER[3] ||
+ || 37120 || IFrame does not work properly inside Shale dialog || dialog || LATER[4] ||
+ || 37361 || "categories" selectManyCheckBox in usecases fails || example || REMIND[5] ||
+ || 37615 || "Clay attributes are not using xml namespaces || clay || RFE[6] ||

  [1] The dialog facility is in need of improved functionality for handling multiple simulteously active dialogs, and dealing with back buttons.  I propose to make this a significant focus in a 1.0.1 milestone release.

  [2] The proposed solution to this issue is to cut-n-paste the HTML parser that Tapestry uses for reading templates.  Before going that way, it would be appropriate to see if the Tapestry developers were interested in abstracting out this code (perhaps to a commons project) so that it could be shared more easily.
+
+ [3] The Shale contribution to addressing this issue is to ensure that META-INF/clay-config.jar resources in JAR files loaded as part of the application are automatically loaded.  The actual configuration resources for a given component library such as Tomahawk, however, should be provided by the component library itself rather than by Shale.
+
+ [4] Will be addressed as part of the overall support for multiple simultaneously active dialogs.
+
+ [5] This is actually a MyFaces imlementation bug (see issue MYFACES-829).  Resolving as REMIND to remember to mention this in the Shale 1.0.0 release notes.
+
+ [6] RFE to be reviewed for a subsequent release.
+

  == Remaining Development Tasks ==

@@ -45, +58 @@

  || '''#''' || '''Description''' || '''Status''' ||
  || 1. || Announce plan to dev@ list; link from roadmap page || (./) ||
  || 2. || Complete Remaining Development Tasks || (./) ||
- || 3. || Review/Resolve Outstanding Bugs || _ ||
+ || 3. || Review/Resolve Outstanding Bugs || (./) ||
  || 4. || Update Release Notes || _ ||
  || 5. || Check Dependencies || _ ||
  || 6. || Update to version 1.0.0 build.xml, project.xml, and the MANIFEST.MF || _ ||

Re: [Struts Wiki] Update of "ShaleRelease100" by CraigMcClanahan

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 11/25/05, Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> wrote:

> The following page has been changed by CraigMcClanahan:
> http://wiki.apache.org/struts/ShaleRelease100

You might want an 'A3.5' to upload the artifacts to the Apache
internal Maven repository.

That will allow Maven users to easily test the release by declaring
dependencies rather than retrieving the distribution and installing
the jars manually.

Wendy