Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Piroumian Konstantin <KP...@protek.com> on 2002/07/01 10:46:44 UTC

RE: [RT]: One step for a minimal Cocoon

> From: Vadim Gritsenko [mailto:vadim.gritsenko@verizon.net]
> > From: Carsten Ziegeler [mailto:cziegeler@s-und-n.de]
> >

> How about "you got me working" xhtml reader and "powered by
> cocoon" gif
> reader? And if this xhtml generated using directory generator (to
> collect all directories */ ) then it can provide links to all
> subsitemaps.

This is already done for the scratchpad and would be fine also for the
samples. The only problem is that you'll need also some additional info,
e.g. a short description, for the sample. I've proposed to add a
'map:description' top-level element to sitemap, which can be used to
generate that info.

Another idea is the have a sample.xml document in each sample directory,
that can be processed by the XPathDirectoryGenerator to get the needed
description from it.

Konstantin

Posted by Diana Shannon <sh...@apache.org>.
On Monday, July 1, 2002, at 04:46  AM, Piroumian Konstantin wrote:

> This is already done for the scratchpad and would be fine also for the
> samples. The only problem is that you'll need also some additional info,
> e.g. a short description, for the sample. I've proposed to add a
> 'map:description' top-level element to sitemap, which can be used to
> generate that info.
-1 IMO this breaks SoC.

> Another idea is the have a sample.xml document in each sample directory,
> that can be processed by the XPathDirectoryGenerator to get the needed
> description from it.
+1 Then we can expand such a file in the future to include more that a
short description.

Diana