Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by mojorising <mo...@aim.com> on 2013/04/30 09:07:20 UTC

cloud-baremetal-agent package "Requires: PING"

Hi again, fellow Cloudstackers.

After building my RPMs, I attempted to install them with:
"yum localinstall
../apache-cloudstack-4.0.2-src/artifacts/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64/*.rpm"

All seemed well until I got this message at the end:
Error: Package: cloud-baremetal-agent-4.0.2-1.el6.x86_64
(/cloud-baremetal-agent-4.0.2-1.el6.x86_64)
           Requires: PING
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

I was able to get past this point by using --skip-broken but would like to
have all the packages installed cleanly if possible.

I have the ping untility RPM installed already and tried searching for
another similar package but couldn't find anything that looks right. Can
anyone tell me what dependency yum is looking for here? A Google search
doesn't yeild any definitive answers and I didn't see the issue mentioned
in the documentation.

Some info on my system:
Bare metal quad-core running CentOS 6.4
Built the RPMS from v4.0.2 source, per docs

Thanks for any hints you can provide!

Best,
Mike

Re: cloud-baremetal-agent package "Requires: PING"

Posted by mojorising <mo...@aim.com>.
Hm. Interesting. So I suppose I'll leave it out and doing so won't hurt
anything.

Thanks for your reply, Kirk!

Mike

Posted by Kirk Kosinski <ki...@gmail.com>.