Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Eric J. Schwarzenbach" <Er...@wrycan.com> on 2005/10/26 02:54:34 UTC

home-built jar: 'The first argument to the non-static Java function 'evaluate' is not a valid object reference.'

I'm having an odd problem with the xalan.jar (2.7.0) I build on my own
machine vs the binary dist I've downloaded. When I attempt a transform
with an xslt which uses the dyn:evaluate function I get

ERROR:  'The first argument to the non-static Java function 'evaluate'
is not a valid object reference.'

I do not get this when I use the downloaded distribution, and the
function works fine. I was building with jdk 1.5.0 at first, then
noticing that the distribution's manifest listed IBM 1.3.1, I tried
Sun's 1.3.1 jdk (not having the option to run IBM's as I'm building on
Windows XP). Same  result.

Anyone have any ideas about what is going on here? Is there some
requirement that this be built with the IBM jdk?

The number of files in my jar is identical to the number in the
downloaded jar (1501) so I'm pretty sure I'm building the combined jar.
(I'm building the target "jar").

Eric

--
Eric Schwarzenbach