Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by CrazyDiamond <Cr...@mail.ru> on 2015/11/18 23:35:51 UTC

adding document with nested document require to set id

i'm trying to add document with the nested objects but don't want id to be
generated automatically.
When i add document without nesting it's ok.But if i add  _childDocuments_
there is an error [doc=null] missing required field: id

Re: adding document with nested document require to set id

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com>.
It should be explained http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateRequestProcessor

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 9:27 PM, CrazyDiamond <Cr...@mail.ru> wrote:

> How to do this?

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev
Principal Engineer,
Grid Dynamics

<http://www.griddynamics.com>
<mk...@griddynamics.com>

Re: adding document with nested document require to set id

Posted by CrazyDiamond <Cr...@mail.ru>.
How to do this?

Re: adding document with nested document require to set id

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com>.
Hi,

Perhaps you want UUIDUpdateProcessorFactory loop through
SolrInputDocument.getChildDocuments() and assign generated value. You need
to implement an own update processor (by extending one of existing).

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 7:41 PM, CrazyDiamond <Cr...@mail.ru> wrote:

> How exactly you are doing that?
> Doing what?
>         <field name="id" type="uuid" indexed="true" stored="true"
> required="true"
> />
> this is from schema.
>    <updateRequestProcessorChain name="uuid">
>    <processor class="solr.UUIDUpdateProcessorFactory">
>         <str name="fieldName">id</str>
>    </processor>
>  <updateRequestProcessorChain name="add-unknown-fields-to-the-schema">
>         <processor class="solr.UUIDUpdateProcessorFactory" />
>
> this is from config
>  i want to store in nested document  multiple values that should be grouped
> together, like pages ids and pages urls

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev
Principal Engineer,
Grid Dynamics

<http://www.griddynamics.com>
<mk...@griddynamics.com>

Re: adding document with nested document require to set id

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com>.
Hello,
On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 12:48 PM, CrazyDiamond <Cr...@mail.ru>
wrote:

> id is generated automatically(i use
> uuid)

How exactly you are doing that?

i tryed to add nesting. i want
> the same behaviour for nested documents as it was for not nested.

How exactly you want it to work with them?

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

<http://www.griddynamics.com>
<mk...@griddynamics.com>

Re: adding document with nested document require to set id

Posted by CrazyDiamond <Cr...@mail.ru>.
if i add document without nesting then id is generated automatically(i use
uuid), and this was working perfectly until i tryed to add nesting. i want

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
If you have id listed as a required field (which I believe you need to
anyway), what do you actually get when you add a document without
nesting? What does the document echo back?

Because if you are getting a document back without id field when it is
declared required in the schema, that would be a problem of its own.

Regards,
   Alex.
----
http://www.solr-start.com/