Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by yeshwanth kumar <ye...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/17 22:38:59 UTC

is it a gud way to store a map object in hbase column

hi i have a huge map object, which comes from the solr query results.
map contains around 400-500 key-value pairs

is it a gud way to  store the entire map as a value in the column.
is there any particular things like column vaue size, i need to take care of
or shud i store it in different columns with dynamic column names

storing the map object makes task easy.
but want know,which way is preferable.

thanks,
Yeshwanth

Re: is it a gud way to store a map object in hbase column

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.
You may be able to achieve the desired effect by implementing a custom
Filter#transformCell(Cell).

-n

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by yeshwanth kumar <ye...@gmail.com>.