Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Greg Hess <gh...@wrappedapps.com> on 2002/07/19 23:03:17 UTC

Struts 1.1b sample application bug

Hi,

When I install and initialize the strust-example.war I get the following
error:

    log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for
category(org.apache.digester.Digester)

    log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system properly

I am configuring the /WEB-INF/classes/commons-logging.properties as follows:

    #Logging implementation

org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JCategory
Log

The /WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties contians:

    # A basic log4j configuration file that creates a single console
appender

    # Create a single console appender that logs INFO and higher

    log4j.rootLogger=INFO, stdout

    # Configure the stdout appender to go to the Console

    # Configure the stdout appender to use the PatternLayout

    # Pattern to output the caller's file name and line number.

    log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%5p [%t] (%F:%L) -%m%n

I have read the log4j manual and Chapter 18 of the struts book on
theserverside.com and I believe I am doing all that is required.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg