Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Daniel Noll <da...@nuix.com.au> on 2005/10/14 04:22:33 UTC

Error compiling 0.20.5 from source

I'm getting an error which may or may not be critical, when compiling
FOP 0.20.5 from source.  It manifests itself as the error "no protocol:
hyphenation.dtd", which has been seen before on the mailing list but
with no real solution.

I went and modified the FOP source code to make it include enough error
output to work with, and it looks like this:
org.apache.fop.layout.hyphenation.HyphenationException: no protocol:
hyphenation.dtd
        at
org.apache.fop.layout.hyphenation.PatternParser.parse(PatternParser.java:115)
        at
org.apache.fop.layout.hyphenation.HyphenationTree.loadPatterns(HyphenationTree.java:143)
        at
org.apache.fop.tools.anttasks.SerializeHyphPattern.buildPatternFile(SerializeHyphPattern.java:137)
        at
org.apache.fop.tools.anttasks.SerializeHyphPattern.processFile(SerializeHyphPattern.java:126)
        at
org.apache.fop.tools.anttasks.SerializeHyphPattern.execute(SerializeHyphPattern.java:77)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:166)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:336)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1306)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1250)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.start(Main.java:196)
Caused by: java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: hyphenation.dtd
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:537)
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:434)
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:383)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startEntity(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startDTDEntity(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDTDScannerImpl.setInputSource(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$DTDDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown
Source)
        at
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)

Is this just a bug in Xerces?  Does anyone have an easy way around it?

Failing that, I can just cross my fingers that FOP still works after
this failure, because the failure didn't prevent the build completing.

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll

NUIX Pty Ltd