Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by user 01 <us...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/23 21:43:08 UTC

No output.log is ever generated

No output.log is ever generated by my cassandra installation(DSC20 with C*
2.0.6 on Ubuntu 12.04). Do I need to configure anything to enable logs to
output.log ?

Re: No output.log is ever generated

Posted by user 01 <us...@gmail.com>.
Can anyone please confirm, whether output.log is completely deprecated now ?

Posted by user 01 <us...@gmail.com>.
*@Jonathan Lacefield, *

Posted by Duncan Sands <du...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Lacefield <jl...@datastax.com>.
Hello,

  Here are a few questions to help guide your troubleshooting efforts:

  Do you have a cassandra system log file?
  Did you use a packaged or binary installation?
  What user are you using to start Cassandra?
       Does the user have permissions to the log directory?

  Hope that helps.

Jonathan

Jonathan Lacefield
Solutions Architect, DataStax