Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com> on 2012/03/28 18:02:44 UTC

Meeting minutes

It's come to my attention that the OpenMeetings project is posting
meeting minutes to the ASF general blog, e.g. [1]

It's great that you are posting these publicly, but this is not the
right place for them. The ASF general blog is for cross foundation
items, not individual project items. The best place to post them is
this list and/or an OpenMeetings specific blog and/or the website/wiki

In addition I'd like to understand how these meetings are organised
and how they are inclusive of the whole community. I have not seen any
announcements of these meetings on the dev list, did I miss them?
Note, that in general the ASF does not like projects to adopt
synchronous communication mechanisms, they exclude members of the
community unable to participate at a given time. They can be used in
controlled ways, but they must be maximally inclusive (posting
proposals for discussion rather than decisions made at the meeting for
example). Im happy to figure out how to adapt your previous project
management processes to those expected here.

Ross

[1] https://blogs.apache.org/openmeetings/entry/meeting_minutes

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)

Re: Meeting minutes

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
I think so too, maybe there is no other chance then using
opensourcewebconferencing.blogspot.com

for "informal" postings like the meeting minutes.

@Alexei Have you the right to update the comitters.ini at planet.apache.org?
Could you add: opensourcewebconferencing.blogspot.com and
wagner-sebastian.com to the blog section there?

Another idea I have is to have an RSS reader at our website that shows the
latest postings so that we don't need to update the news section manually.
Does anybody know if a potential "Apache CMS" has such feature ?
I don't think that there is any consens yet about wether to use Apache CMS
or not. It would be nice if there is a playground somewhere with Apache CMS
and also to see how hard it is to change its layout.

Thanks!
Sebastian

--
Sebastian Wagner