Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com> on 2001/08/09 14:41:30 UTC

[C2.1]New ServerPagesAction and logicsheet-utils

Hi team,

I added in the 2.1 cvs a new ServerPagesAction that allows actions to be
written in XSP. XSP is very powerful to dynamically generate XML, and
there are many cases where this is useful in the context of actions
(form validation, database updates, etc).

This action wraps a ServerPagesGenerator that is instanciated at each
action execution. I hope it can be pooled if we agree to remove
ThreadSafe from Action (see my next post).

This action comes with 2 logicsheets :
The "action" logicsheet provides tags for handling the action result
map, setting the action status (failure/success) and... performing
redirects !

The "capture" logicsheet allows to capture parts of the XSP-generated
XML either in XMLFragment objects containing serialized SAX events
(using XMLByteStreamCompiler) or DOM Node objects. Additionnaly, these
fragments can be stored directly in request attributes, for later use in
the pipeline.

These logicsheets use general logicsheet features factorized in
"logicsheet-util.xsl" that is often duplicated, mainly about element
parameter retrieval (either as attribute or sub-element).

"logicsheet-util" also provides a template to compute the actual
namespace prefix of logicsheet elements used in the XSP. This will allow
to remove the existing dependency of many existing logicsheets
(including sitemap.xsl) on their namespace-prefix.

You are of course encouraged to use this in your logicsheets to ensure a
higher consistency across logicsheets (existing ones will also have to
be adapted).

I still have to write samples and xdocs for this...

--
Sylvain Wallez