Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Devraj Mukherjee <de...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/10 11:24:29 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_auth_mysql under Ubuntu 10.04 different to CentOS 5.5?

Hi all,

Is mod_auth_mysql an official Apache module?

I have successfully used it under a CentOS 5.5 box for a couple of
years now, installed like so
http://dev.e-taxonomy.eu/trac/wiki/ApacheMySQLAuthentication

We are migrating to an Ubuntu 10.04 VM, and the module distributed by
the package libapache2-mod-auth-mysql, seems to have different
directives and not as flexible. Infact all the directives are
absolutely different.

If there are any Ubuntu admins out there could you point me to
documentation for this module please?

Are these different modules all together?

Thanks for your time.