Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Fred Zimmerman <wf...@nimblebooks.com> on 2011/09/22 20:00:02 UTC

not writing anything to crawldb

I had to delete the contents of the  crawldb folder to recover from a failed
fetch (was this the best response? i doubt it).  now I have a fetch running,
successfully, but i don't see any evidence that is writing anything to
crawldb.  Is it going to write all the crawldb stuff at the end, or should I
go ahead and kill the crawl now?

Re: not writing anything to crawldb

Posted by Fred Zimmerman <wf...@nimblebooks.com>.
ok. i found that the crawl is writing crawldb to my home directory instead
of crawldb, presumably because I ran from the wrong place, and presumably I
will be able to index this in solr from the current location. so, good news!
thx

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Read about OPIC scoring. It can be confusing indeed. I would not recommend
using OPIC for incremental crawls where you refetch pages over time.

Posted by Fred Zimmerman <wf...@nimblebooks.com>.

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.