Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Rene Guenther <re...@innflow.com> on 2005/11/08 19:23:08 UTC

IllegalStateException: No Factories configured for this Application

Hello,

I am trying to deploy the MyFaces examples on SAP Netweaver Web Application
Server (SAP WebAS). It ended with a java.lang.IllegalStateException. I tried

<listener>

<listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</lis
tener-class>
</listener>
between filter-mapping and servlet tag as recommended in
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Installation_and_Configuration. Unfortunately
this doesn't work. The error is still coming up. Is there anything else you
can recommend me to do?

Btw I changed the line to
<listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.NotExistingClass</listener-class>
to provoke a ClassNotFoundException but the application didn't threw one,
does this mean, that the web.xml wasn't parsed completely/correctly?

Regards
Rene

Re: IllegalStateException: No Factories configured for this Application

Posted by sri <sm...@gmail.com>.
Hi
  I am getting the same exact error, but doesn't seems to cause any problems
in viewing my jsps. Please post the reason if you find one.
 Thanks
Srikanth