Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Marco Rossi <mr...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/18 14:12:41 UTC

Error reading archetype catalog http://repo1.maven.org/maven2

Hi,
i'm newer with maven. I try to google but i don't fine the answer.

Everytime i try a maven command, i.e.
mvn archetype:generate -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app \
-DartifactId=my-app -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-quickstart \
-DinteractiveMode=false

i get the message in the title. What's wrong?
i'm using maven 3.0, without mirrors (central repositoty).

Thanks in advance,
Marco

Re: Error reading archetype catalog http://repo1.maven.org/maven2

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2010/10/18 Marco Rossi <mr...@gmail.com>:
> Ok, now works (after reading the comments to
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/ARCHETYPE-202).
> It's amazing that's this bug is currently open (in the repository my version
> is the latest one [
> http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-archetype-plugin/
> ]).

The bug is closed, it's 2.0 version that is not yet released. Sorry, my fault.

Antonio

Re: Error reading archetype catalog http://repo1.maven.org/maven2

Re: Error reading archetype catalog http://repo1.maven.org/maven2

Posted by Marco Rossi <mr...@gmail.com>.
Ok, thanks.
I have the  version 2.0-alpha-5.

Do you know how to update the release?

Re: Error reading archetype catalog http://repo1.maven.org/maven2

Posted by Alexey Direct <al...@gmail.com>.
Example: mvn help:describe -Dplugin=archetype, for more information :
http://www.sonatype.com/books/mvnref-book/reference/installation-sect-help-plugin-install.html

Posted by Marco Rossi <mr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexey Direct <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marco. Did you have internet connection at this time?

I'm tried your command on Maven 3 from box(without any user's config). It
works fine.