Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andrew Hughes <ah...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/13 07:56:29 UTC

Site Plugin 2.0-beta-6 site.xml Relative/Absolute URL's & Disappearing href's

Hi Gang,

Im trialing the 2.0-beta-6 site plugin.

The problem I am having is with the site.xml generated html during the
stage-deploy goal. It does a few unexpected things:

   - href's for menu items are stripped, e.g.  href="index.html" just
   goes to the web root of the site (which is also wrong see below)
   - the absolute paths contain the domain in the url twice
   - absolute paths contain release NOT staging "file system" path
   information
   - the site root seems to be composed of an absolute url, made up from
   the <site><url>*****</...> which is an scp url
   - using
      <stagingSiteURL>scp://192.168.10.56/var/www/maven/sites/staging/${
      project.groupId}/${project.version}/${project.artifactId
      }</stagingSiteURL

The result is absolute menu items links like:
http://maven.mycompany.com/maven.mycompany.com/var/www/maven/sites/releases/myproject/1.2.1-SNAPSHOT/parent

My site.xml
<project>
    <menu name="Overview">
      <item name="Introduction" href="index.html"/>
    </menu>
</project>

Any ideas?

Re: Site Plugin 2.0-beta-6 site.xml Relative/Absolute URL's & Disappearing href's

Posted by Andrew Hughes <ah...@gmail.com>.
Further more....

I have tested a non staging deploy, and this works perfect. This problem
seems to be limited to the stage-deploy.