Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Fulko Hew <fu...@wecan.com> on 2002/03/06 18:25:52 UTC

Where was that success story?

Can someone forward me a URL to the perl/mod-perl success story
(from about 6 months ago) that was about some people that went
in and re-wrote someones web application and made it run
incredably faster in a very short time, but in the end the
customer threw it out and went for a competing technology.

I can't remember enough of the article to be able to even search
for it. I can't find it (easily...  on www.perl.org under success
stories, or at use.perl.org either)

But I'm sure someone will remember what I'm talking about.

TIA
Fulko

Fulko Hew,                           Voice:  905-681-5570
Lead Designer - Management Tools,    Fax:    905-681-5556
SITA (Burlington)                    Email:  fulko@wecan.com
777 Walkers Line,
Burlington, Ontario, Canada, L7N 2G1

Re: Where was that success story?

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Fulko Hew wrote:
> Can someone forward me a URL to the perl/mod-perl success story
> (from about 6 months ago) that was about some people that went
> in and re-wrote someones web application and made it run
> incredably faster in a very short time, but in the end the
> customer threw it out and went for a competing technology.
>
> I can't remember enough of the article to be able to even search
> for it. I can't find it (easily...  on www.perl.org under success
> stories, or at use.perl.org either)
>
> But I'm sure someone will remember what I'm talking about.

If it was posted here use the archives to find it
http://perl.apache.org/#users-list
Most likely it's linked from http://perl.apache.org/stories/ if not and
you find the original post, forward it to me and I'll link to it.

there are a few stories that were submitted to me but don't appear yet
on the current site. They will appear on the new site when that gets
released.