Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Aryeh Friedman <ar...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/25 13:18:19 UTC

how to best launch a jnlp from and then return to a different jsp

We need to launch (via a jsp page) a JNLP from a jsp template (already in
production) and do some task of some long time (filling out a form and then
uploading via non-JSP mechanisms a large file [between 5MB and 50MB]...
this is also in production) what we do not have and want to add is when the
JNLP completes the calling jsp is redirected to an other page (print
preview)... what is the best way to do this?

Re: how to best launch a jnlp from and then return to a different jsp

Posted by Aryeh Friedman <ar...@gmail.com>.
1. Your use case is correct except that it is entire SD cards (including
the file system structure)

1. For security reasons that is a bad idea  (essentially it is not HIPAA
complaint) to have the server know before hand what data it will be
receiving and for whom (besides the filenames themselves vary based on how
the form was filled out)

Posted by Aryeh Friedman <ar...@gmail.com>.
Have you ever heard of metaphores obviously there are not server side
cookies I meant a cookie file (aka sential or whatever) that just shows the
upload completed and the webapp can use that as a status check

Posted by Mikolaj Rydzewski <mi...@ceti.pl>.

Posted by Aryeh Friedman <ar...@gmail.com>.
Let me better explain the application there are some large files that
remote users need to upload for ananylsis (and then down load the reports
several hours later)... due the nature of the data (security and otherwise)
the client decided to by pass the web completely for the actual upload but
wants almost everything else in the web app... the idea is when the upload
is complete the server creates a sential file that the web app detects and
acts accordingly then erases the sential

Posted by Aryeh Friedman <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mikolaj Rydzewski <mi...@ceti.pl>.

Posted by Aryeh Friedman <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mikolaj Rydzewski <mi...@ceti.pl>.