Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2008/01/06 09:35:53 UTC

Re: Unique field and EmbeddedSolr issue..

: 1. I am using EmbeddedSolr and using example from here:
: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/EmbeddedSolr
: I just noticed that there is a note there saying that the page is out of
: date, is that true and if yes is there an example that uses Solrj?

I think i added that note at some point when i noticed code being added to
solrj relating to embedding, but i haven't relaly looked at it ... you're
welcome to see if it's usefull...

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/solr/trunk/client/java/solrj/src/org/apache/solr/client/solrj/embedded/

: 2. I am using EmbeddedSolr and I see that my documents are getting added
: multiple times even if I have specified the uniqueKey field. I am using Solr

With Embedded Solr, anything is possible ... including shoting yourself in
the foot multiple times ... how are you adding your documents?  what does
that code look like?  are you setting allowDups=false,
overwritePending=true and overwriteCommitted=true ?

-Hoss