Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Viggio, Alex" <Al...@globalcrossing.com> on 2003/05/23 22:58:13 UTC

Issues with Struts and IE 6 SP 1 upgrades?

We've had a client installing a new Windows 2000 image on various desktops,
and those PCs can no longer access our Struts-based extranet web app. They
are offsite and a different company, so I haven't been able to fully
diagnose their setup via the established communication channels. The
following are new components in this image:

- Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 3
- Microsoft Office Pro 2000 SR1a Service Pack 3
- Microsoft Internet Explorer v6.0 Service Pack 1
- Symantec Norton AntiVirus v7.61 build 42a
- Microsoft NetMeeting v3.01
- Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0.3705 (New)

I thought it was a problem with their IE setup, but they downloaded and
installed Netscape and claim to be seeing the same problem. They can login
(which exercises JSPs and Struts Action), but then they experience browser
hangs at random places inside of the web app.

Any suggestions on debugging this since I can't get onsite (i.e. new proxy
settings, etc.)? I've never had to troubleshoot this type of problem beyond
checking if the web user had their browser cookies enabled (they claim this
is correct) and our IT/network folks haven't come up with anything yet. I'm
betting its a proxy issue.

A google of their new IE version number (v6.0.2800.1106c0) did pull up a
Cisco bug (#CSCea02310) at
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps150/prod_release_note09186
a008014b21a.html with dynamic web app functionality (a calendar).

- Alex

Re: Issues with Struts and IE 6 SP 1 upgrades?

Posted by Xu Cheng <xu...@gamebox.net>.
Did you see anything unusual in your server side log file? What is your
application returning to clients? Pure HTML pages?