Posted to user@storm.apache.org by prasad ch <ch...@outlook.com> on 2015/05/12 18:14:00 UTC

Who Calling nextTuple() in spout?

Hi,
When  i run application in local cluster also same thing!

Simply am not able to process data as fast , even i feel spark is so better then storm .
please help me if i want to run topology to process tuples fast (basic ex) what is the basic configuration settings.

Q) when i run storm app, in document they mentioned storm is calling nexttuple of spout  i need to knowwhich class calling nextTuple() method and also who called execute method means which class.....

ThankS!

Re: Who Calling nextTuple() in spout?

Posted by Harsha <st...@harsha.io>.
Prasad,
      Can you give us more details on how are you comparing to spark here. LocalCluster is for development purpose It never meant to give you a optimal performance . As Jungtaek pointed out comparing to trident is more appropriate option here. Never the less I am curious to see what kind of topology you are using and what are the spouts you are using.

Thanks,
Harsha
On May 12, 2015 at 4:22:35 PM, 임정택 (kabhwan@gmail.com) wrote:

Hi!

First of all, you want to compare Spark streaming and Storm Trident, not Storm Spout-Bolt topology. It's not same.
Generally batching makes more throughputs while it loses latency.

Answering to your question, you can refer https://github.com/apache/storm/blob/master/storm-core/src/clj/backtype/storm/daemon/executor.clj#L447 to see how Spout works.

Hope this helps.

Regards.
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

--
Name : 임 정택
Blog : http://www.heartsavior.net / http://dev.heartsavior.net

Re: Who Calling nextTuple() in spout?

Posted by 임정택 <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

First of all, you want to compare Spark streaming and Storm Trident, not
Storm Spout-Bolt topology. It's not same.
Generally batching makes more throughputs while it loses latency.

Answering to your question, you can refer
https://github.com/apache/storm/blob/master/storm-core/src/clj/backtype/storm/daemon/executor.clj#L447
see how Spout works.

Hope this helps.

Regards.