Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk> on 2007/11/01 01:36:31 UTC

Re: [Axis2] Proposal to chage the method signature of set/get documentation

+1 that we'd be making the keep-the-simple-case-simple rule by losing the
String method.

Keith, what's the harm in having two methods? That is, do both.

Sanjiva.

--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.

RE: [Axis2] Proposal to chage the method signature of set/get documentation

Posted by Tom Jordahl <tj...@adobe.com>.
Sorry for the late follow up.  Out last week.

+1 for proposal below.

+0 for getDocumentationAsString()

--
Tom Jordahl

________________________________

public void setDocumentation(OMNode documentation);
public void setDocumentation(String documentation);

and do we need public String getDocumentationAsString();?

Thanks,
Keith.

On 11/1/07, keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:

We can have the setter method for both but not the getter.

So we can have

public void setDocumentation(String documentation);
but we cant have
public String getDocumentation(); cause we would already have public
OMNode getDocumentation();

Thanks,
Keith.

<ma...@ws.apache.org> >