Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2007/07/08 22:54:03 UTC

Looking for an IRC proxy on port 80 (was Re: live video of lenya meeting in zurich from july 10-13)

On Sun, 2007-07-08 at 22:33 +0200, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> hi everyone!
> to participate in discussions, you can use the #lenya channel on
> irc.freenode.net. i'll try to be there all the time and relay your
> questions/comments to the local crowd.

Does somebody knows a good IRC proxy. On my current job I have the port
closed by the cooperate firewall. I am looking for a irc client and
proxy where I can use port 80 for joining.

Any information or suggestions welcome.

TIA

salu2

Re: Looking for an IRC proxy on port 80 (was Re: live video of lenya meeting in zurich from july 10-13)

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 00:36 +0200, Joern Nettingsmeier wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > On Sun, 2007-07-08 at 22:33 +0200, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> >> hi everyone!
> >> to participate in discussions, you can use the #lenya channel on
> >> irc.freenode.net. i'll try to be there all the time and relay your
> >> questions/comments to the local crowd.
> >
> > Does somebody knows a good IRC proxy. On my current job I have the port
> > closed by the cooperate firewall. I am looking for a irc client and
> > proxy where I can use port 80 for joining.
> >
> > Any information or suggestions welcome.
>
> dunno about port 80, but do they allow outgoing ssh? my favourite mode
> of operation is to ssh somewhere, start a SCREEN session and use irssi
> for chatting. that way, i'm not missing stuff when i go offline.
>
> if they don't do content-based filtering at your place, you could set up
> a ssh server on port 80 somewhere. a little dirty, but it does the job.

Jeje, I just recalled that the last project I wrote for them was over a
SOCKS server. So I can use this to proxy to IRC with my gaim.

I tried tsocks/irssi as well but as I found out tsocks does not support
bidirectional communications.

Thanks for the tip jörn.

Posted by Joern Nettingsmeier <ne...@folkwang-hochschule.de>.

--
jörn nettingsmeier

home://germany/45128 essen/lortzingstr. 11/
http://spunk.dnsalias.org
phone://+49/201/491621

Kurt is up in Heaven now.