Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/05 20:29:27 UTC

Re: [Apache Struts Wiki] New: StrutsMaintenanceSvn

AFAIK, you shouldn't have to do the first two things for each file.
Those should just happen by default.

--
Martin Cooper

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Thanks Joe, good info - I've found the config file where I can set these
auto-props in TortoiseSVN

Niall

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
At 9:41 PM +0000 11/5/04, Niall Pemberton wrote:
>It doesn't at the moment and the info Joe gave means that unless theres a
>way of configuring it on the server side then we all will have to
>indivdually configure our clients to do it.
>
>I not ice that some of the java source files have the svn:executable
>property set:
>
>http://svnbook.red-bean.com/svnbook-1.1/ch07s02.html#svn-ch-7-sect-2.3.1
>
>Do we need this or property or not - not being a unix user I deon't really
>get it, but it seems strange to set this on a source file?

Yeah, must be a side effect.  There are no scripts that I can think
of in Struts which would benefit from this.  It would only make sense
if we had some kind of scripts which people would run stored in CVS.

It's also not really risky or costly.  I guess I'd advise (with very
weak opinion) not doing anything about it, just so to not clutter up
the SVN history with less important revisions.

Joe