Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Amit Rodge <am...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/09 19:18:28 UTC

Question about Raw Disk performance

Hello,
              I am new to ATS. I wanted to check performance of raw disk
 using ATS for Cache Read and write.
As per documentation of ATS, it says raw disk performance is better than
formatted disk.
I verified page load performance . it degrades page load time with raw disk.
During my test, I mentioned path of raw disk partition in storage.config

Can anybody help me out that am I missing something here ? Any futher
configuration required for to improve the result ?

Thanks
Amit Rodge

--
*The darkest night is just before the dawn.*

Re: Question about Raw Disk performance

Posted by "Alan M. Carroll" <am...@network-geographics.com>.

> As per documentation of ATS, it says raw disk performance is better than
> formatted disk.
> I verified page load performance . it degrades page load time with raw disk.
> During my test, I mentioned path of raw disk partition in storage.config

Could you show the exactly lines from storage.config for these tests?

What level of traffic did you use for your tests?