Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Yura Smolsky <in...@altervision.biz> on 2005/03/10 19:48:19 UTC

highlighter and phrase search

Hello, java-user.

I have two documents:
1. content:A V A B
2. content:A B C D
When I do search for content:"A B" (exact phrase search) and
StandardAnalyzer(),
when I use Highlighter I receive following highlighted results:

1. _A_ V _A B_
2. _A B_ C D

Actually "A" in the first result does not need to be highlighted b/c
requested keyword was "A B".

Is this a bug or I do not understand something?

Yura Smolsky.

Re: highlighter and phrase search

Posted by markharw00d <ma...@yahoo.co.uk>.
The short answer is "no",  there is not support for this currently.
Implementing this support is possible but fiddly- there is a related
discussion here which outlines some of the challenges :
    http://www.mail-archive.com/lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg12435.html

Cheers,
Mark