Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Shazni Nazeer <ms...@yahoo.com> on 2013/11/12 06:20:45 UTC

building xerces-C++ in Linux

Hi All,

I'm new to Apache as well as to xerces. I took an SVN checkout of the trunk directory into my Ubuntu as well as to a Windows machine. I could successfully build the xerces in Windows with the MSVC solutions that are provided. But I'm stuck with building it in Linux. I can't find any configure or runConfigure scripts in src/xercesc directory as described in http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-c/build-winunix-2.html

I only find set of directories in src/xercesc. How do I build? What am I doing wrong here?

Further i need to import the xerces source into eclipse and build withing that as well. I wasn't successful in doing that either?

Any thoughts?

regards,

Shazni

Re: building xerces-C++ in Linux

Posted by Shazni Nazeer <ms...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for the reply Scott. I downloaded the source distribution and that has the configure script.

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 10:59 AM, "Cantor, Scott" <ca...@osu.edu> wrote:

On 11/11/13, 9:20 PM, "Shazni Nazeer" <ms...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I'm new to Apache as well as to xerces. I took an SVN checkout of the
>trunk directory into my Ubuntu as well as to a Windows machine.

You should use the distribution provided on the web site, not a checkout.

> I could successfully build the xerces in Windows with the MSVC solutions
>that are provided. But
> I'm stuck with building it in Linux. I can't find any configure or
>runConfigure scripts in src/xercesc directory as described in
>http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-c/build-winunix-2.html

You don't get configure scripts out of subversion, those are generated by
autotools by running autoreconf against the source files.

-- Scott

Re: building xerces-C++ in Linux

Posted by "Cantor, Scott" <ca...@osu.edu>.