Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Kiran Kuppa <ki...@gopalsystems.com> on 2017/06/14 11:53:49 UTC

Business Story for Point of Sale (Retail)

Dear All,

I am trying to see if I can customize webpos to our requirements and
deploy. To this end, I am trying to do a feasibility study and document
business process/stories that are relevant. Having gone through the data
model, the following is the business process that I have come up with. Do
let me know if I am on the right track

   1. Inventory is organized into facility. One of the facility is "RETAIL
   STORE". All products in this facility ("RETAIL STORE") are used by retail
   Point of Sale system
   2. Product Store (Retail Product Store) is related to the facility
   3. Order Items are looked up by Point of Sale from the Product Store
   4. Order Header is created for reach order

This is the high level story I can lay my finger on. Am I missing anything?

Thanks.

Kiran Kumar
--
Kiran Kumar
Business Development Manager

Re: Business Story for Point of Sale (Retail)

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
If this is about clarification on your understanding then its just fine.
The data model you understand is correct, for more insight please refer
DemoRetail.xml under webpos and DemoProduct.xml under ecommerce (it is not
for pos but it will give better idea on how to use data model for store,
facility, product, order settings etc).

Rishi Solanki
HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Direct: +91-9893287847