Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alan Hodgkinson <al...@softxs.ch> on 2002/08/22 10:41:13 UTC

Re: Cocoon portal sample crashes [SUMMARY]

I wrote:

> I was trying to run the Cocoon portal sample at:
>   http://localhost:8080/cocoon/samples/portal/sunspotdemoportal
> When I try to log in (with guest/guest)I get the following error:
> ..[snip]..
> Any suggestions? Do I need to configure something? Is it broken?

..it was broken. It's now fixed.. as I discoved in the mail archive.

I checked out the most recent sources (and installed them correctly
this morning :). When I attempted this late last night, I missed a
critical install step step and also missed finding the bug report
and corresponding fix in the mail archives; as it was associated with
the authentication sample and I was playing with the portal sample.
The fix apparently fixes both sample apps.

Now it works!

> Thanks in advance,

..the 'advance' should have been _even_ sooner.

Thanks Carsten, for fixing the bug before I reported it. You can't
get much better than that!

Alan.

P.S. The original problem report and corresponding fix is at:

http://www.mail-archive.com/cocoon-users@xml.apache.org/msg16340.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/cocoon-users@xml.apache.org/msg16388.html