Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/04 15:44:56 UTC

SNAPSHOT - Revision #

Hi All,
is there a way I could locally get rid of the SNAPSHOT or the revision number?
It will really save me a lot of time with the Geronimo v1.2 documentation.

Cheers!
Hernan

Re: SNAPSHOT - Revision #

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
yup, that's pretty much my point. Not that the reader wont be able to understand the doc if the screenshots look different from the final release. But it will make the content more clear, more representative of the release covered.

Cheers!
Hernan

Re: SNAPSHOT - Revision #

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
I think this is kinda dangerous...

For example, what if you had that property to make it look like the
1.2 final release and then the UI was actually changed.  You now have
confused users wondering why the 1.2 shot on the website is different
from the final.

And what happens when 1.2.1 is release?  Need to make all new screen
shots?

I think its a waste of time.

--jason

Re: SNAPSHOT - Revision #

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.

Re: SNAPSHOT - Revision #

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.

Re: SNAPSHOT - Revision #

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Eh... i'm all for helping folks out... but I don't really see the
value in this... and more so I see some potential dangers.

I don't think its worth it... but I'm not going to lobby to get the
effort shutdown... but I'm not gonna walk you to the plank either.

--jason

Re: SNAPSHOT - Revision #

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Eh... its just my opinion.  I thought I had explained why I thought
this was a bad idea in previous emails.

But... I don't think this is worth debating either.  So if you feel
strongly about it... then go do it.  I still don't like it, but I can
live with that.

--jason

Re: SNAPSHOT - Revision #

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.

Re: SNAPSHOT - Revision #

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Re: SNAPSHOT - Revision #

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Re: SNAPSHOT - Revision #

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Re: SNAPSHOT - Revision #

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Why does it matter?

On Dec 4, 2006, at 10:54 AM, Hernan Cunico wrote:

> basically "screenshots". In the doc I'm including lost of
> screenshots (both terminal and console) and these either show
> *SNAPSHOT* or *r480769*.
> When we release v1.2 all these disappear so I would have to re-take
> those screenshots that are affected, which is a large percentage.
>
> Cheers!
> Hernan
>
> Jason Dillon wrote:
>> Why would that save you time?
>> --jason
>> On Dec 4, 2006, at 6:44 AM, Hernan Cunico wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>> is there a way I could locally get rid of the SNAPSHOT or the
>>> revision number?
>>> It will really save me a lot of time with the Geronimo v1.2
>>> documentation.
>>>
>>> Cheers!
>>> Hernan

Re: SNAPSHOT - Revision #

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.

Re: SNAPSHOT - Revision #

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Why would that save you time?

Re: SNAPSHOT - Revision #

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
I think that is asking for trouble... lots of trouble.

--jason

Re: SNAPSHOT - Revision #

Posted by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.
Hernan,
   here are some additional things that must be done:
1. Each pom.xml has a <parent>...</> which has "1.2-SNAPSHOT" string
in it. It must be changed to 1.2. It can be easily fixed with a script.

2. Build openejb locally using
   mvn -o -DgeronimoVersion=1.2

Thanks
Anita

--- Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 4, 2006, at 9:44 AM, Hernan Cunico wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> > is there a way I could locally get rid of the SNAPSHOT or the
> > revision number?
> > It will really save me a lot of time with the Geronimo v1.2
> > documentation.
>
> Hernan,
> You can always update your pom.xml locally and change the Geronimo
> version from 1.2-SNAPSHOT to 1.2. Like:
>
> -    <version>1.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
> +    <version>1.2</version>
>

> I haven't tried it. Possible that you'll run into some build
> problems/
> dependency issues...
>
> --kevan

Yahoo! Music Unlimited