Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2010/05/05 03:19:19 UTC

issues with PDF plugin (Was: For input string: ":0")

(Moved from "user" list. Please see background in thread
Subject: For input string: ":0"
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.forrest.user/4903)

more below ...

Richard Suematsu wrote:

> Ok, I must be doing something wrong because I tried this on my mac at
> home and I get the same error.  Let me just verify one thing -- I
> should be checking out forrest from here:
>
> svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk forrest

Yes, correct.

> I turned on debugging on the log and nothing obvious came out like an
> exception.

My memory is failing. I can get raised logging for forrest
in general, but not getting pdf log messages. How is it done?

>  I did get a userconfig is null error in the middle of a
> bunch of stuff.  Is this a clue?

It is configured as null. It is optional.

Because the updated PDF Plugin has not been properly
deployed to the Forrest website, you can only view its
documentation locally:
 cd $FORREST_HOME/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf
 forrest run
 etc.