Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ed Kasky <ed...@esson.net> on 2004/09/28 00:01:08 UTC

Congratulations and Thank You!!

Just wanted to pass along a note of congratulations for the release of
version 3.0.0.  My upgrade went quickly and turned out to be
bloodless.  The documentation is easy to follow and just explicit enough.

Thanks again for a professionally developed and packaged project!

The best part of all is that it works so damn well ;-)

Ed
. . . . . . . .
I believe I have no prejudices whatsoever. All I need
to know is that a man is a member of the human race.
That's bad enough for me. -Mark Twain

Re: Congratulations and Thank You!!

Posted by Michael Barnes <mb...@compsci.wm.edu>.
On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 03:01:08PM -0700, Ed Kasky wrote:
> Just wanted to pass along a note of congratulations for the release
> of version 3.0.0.  My upgrade went quickly and turned out to be
> bloodless.  The documentation is easy to follow and just explicit
> enough.
>
> Thanks again for a professionally developed and packaged project!
>
> The best part of all is that it works so damn well ;-)

I'd like to say me too.  From what I can tell SA 3.0 is excellent.  I
have not put it in production yet, but I have it installed on a test box
and the scores are much better looking than they were with 2.63.  The
upgrade on my test system was relatively painless.

If it weren't for spamassassin, I would not be able to read my email.
It does a damn good job of filtering my mail.  I'm very consarvative
with my scoring and filtering based on that scoring so that I don't miss
any important mail because of a false positive.  Even when my bayes
database got poisoned by a spamassassin mailinglist post, the scores
were not high enough to ever land my legitimate mail in the worst of my
three spam mailboxes.  (I fixed it so that a spamassassin mail cannot do
that in the future :)

Kudos to the SA team.  The best feature that I like about SA 3.0 is the
plugin support.  That should be very interesting in the near future when
good 3rd party plugins become available.

Mike

--
| Michael Barnes <mb...@compsci.wm.edu> |