Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2017/12/01 10:10:28 UTC

Re: Change default Theme to Rainbow Saphir

Hi Dan,

I'll not remove it but it will no longer be the default theme, WIP: http://markmail.org/message/yaerkxdecxv3lrdl

Jacques

Le 02/11/2017 à 19:30, stimits@comcast.net a écrit :
> This bug under Tomahawk theme was never addressed. I'd suggest removing Tomahawk as long as a default theme change is being discussed:
>
> ----- Original Message -----From: Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>To: dev@ofbiz.apache.orgSent: Thu, 02 Nov 2017 15:45:22 -0000 (UTC)Subject: Re: Change default Theme to Rainbow Saphir
>
> Hi,
>
> Some news about that:
>
> I have created few related minor issues that I want to fix before moving on

> I also want to update this page before
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Visual+Themes+-+How+to
>
> I'll before create a link to the current page as reference for releases prior to the introduction of Common Theme
>
> Also do we really need this obsolete page https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Themes+stack ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jacques
>
> Le 09/10/2017 &agrave; 14:16, Jacques Le Roux a &eacute;crit :> Hi,>> I see that more and more the Rainbow theme is used in our demos.>> I guess it's because It has 2 advantages:>> 1. Being initially based on Flat Grey it handles RTL languages (the only one doing that with Flat Grey)> 2. It's a modern theme, like others but Flat Grey (dropdown sub-menus etc.)>> Now if we agree about the change we also need to determine which variations, I personally prefer Saphir, (BTW in English should be Sapphire and we > need to change that ;))>> I have also just noticed one thing: if you set the Arab language it's difficult (impossible?) to get back to another language w/ that theme. To be > checked before creating a Jira for that...>> Jacques>>

Re: Change default Theme to Rainbow Saphir

Posted by st...@comcast.net.
Thanks!

----- Original Message -----From: Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>To: dev@ofbiz.apache.orgSent: Fri, 01 Dec 2017 10:10:28 -0000 (UTC)Subject: Re: Change default Theme to Rainbow Saphir

Le 02/11/2017 &agrave; 19:30, stimits@comcast.net a &eacute;crit :> This bug under Tomahawk theme was never addressed. I'd suggest removing Tomahawk as long as a default theme change is being discussed:> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9270> > ----- Original Message -----From: Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>To: dev@ofbiz.apache.orgSent: Thu, 02 Nov 2017 15:45:22 -0000 (UTC)Subject: Re: Change default Theme to Rainbow Saphir>> Hi,>> Some news about that:>> I have created few related minor issues that I want to fix before moving on>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9863>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9867>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9923>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9924>> I also want to update this page before>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Visual+Themes+-+How+to>> I'll before create a link to the current page as reference for releases prior to the introduction of Common Theme>> Also do we really need this obsolete page https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Themes+stack ?>> Thanks>> Jacques>> Le 09/10/2017 &agrave; 14:16, Jacques Le Roux a &eacute;crit :> Hi,>> I see that more and more the Rainbow theme is used in our demos.>> I guess it's because It has 2 advantages:>> 1. Being initially based on Flat Grey it handles RTL languages (the only one doing that with Flat Grey)> 2. It's a modern theme, like others but Flat Grey (dropdown sub-menus etc.)>> Now if we agree about the change we also need to determine which variations, I personally prefer Saphir, (BTW in English should be Sapphire and we > need to change that ;))>> I have also just noticed one thing: if you set the Arab language it's difficult (impossible?) to get back to another language w/ that theme. To be > checked before creating a Jira for that...>> Jacques>>>>