Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Andrew Wang <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/07 09:33:52 UTC

about how to user mahout

hello,you guys!
I am a newbie to Mahout, i'm glad to find that the mahout is a cool project
about distributed data mining algorithms. However, except this mail-list, i
find it's difficult for me to find other useful info. Anyway, reading the
sourcecode is cool idea to learn the thought of the project.

What i want to know is where i can find useful info about this project, etc:
quick start, and so on.

--
http://anqiang1900.blog.163.com/

Re: about how to user mahout

Posted by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org>.
On Mon Andrew Wang <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What i want to know is where i can find useful info about this
> project, etc: quick start, and so on.

Have a look at the project website

http://lucene.apache.org/mahout/

Under "User Resources" it has links to quickstart pages, taste
documentation as well as articles published on Mahout - including the
very good introductory article at ibm dev works by Grant Ingersoll.

Cheers,
Isabel

Re: about how to user mahout

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@gmail.com>.
Sean:

"but I'm not updating that terribly much lately, because just as Sean
is hard-at-work on a book on Mahout, I'm supposed to be spending all of my
"authoring" time writing a book for Manning as well: "Lucene in Depth", as a
kind-of follow-on / advanced topics book to go beyond Hatcher, Gospodnetic
and McCandless' awesome Lucene in Action introductory text."

It is from jake's mail, i know you are writing a book about the Mahout,maybe
it will be our handbook when we use mahout. Look forward to it!

ps: Jake, your book, "Lucene in Depth", sounds cool for me too. I am reading
the Lucene source code recently, I think the advanced topics about Lucene
will be wecomed by many persons.

Re: about how to user mahout

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
On Dec 7, 2009, at 4:32 AM, Andrew Wang wrote:

> Very cool! thanks you guys.
>
> I had read the website and the article of Grant Ingersoll. Maybe i just need
> to do some practical experiments with mahout before i communicate with all
> of you further!

Definitely the best way!  Let us know your questions when they come up.

-Grant

Re: about how to user mahout

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@gmail.com>.
Very cool! thanks you guys.

I had read the website and the article of Grant Ingersoll. Maybe i just need
to do some practical experiments with mahout before i communicate with all
of you further!

RE: about how to user mahout

Re: about how to user mahout