Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl> on 2014/12/17 12:06:27 UTC

[4.14] Help wanted: test new TLF version (now with tables!)

Hi,

For the upcoming 4.14 release we hope to include an update to TLF that
adds support for tables. This is a big change to TLF, so we need to
make sure that:

1) the addition of the tables feature didn't break any existing
functionality, and
2) the new feature is working correctly.

So, I'd like to invite you to install the latest 4.14 RC nightly build
and give TLF a spin. The best way to test 1) would be to take your own
applications, switch them (temporarily) to the new SDK and see if they
work and look the same as before. The best way to test 2) is to create
a new project, select the new SDK and have fun with tables!

Thanks for helping out!

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [4.14] Help wanted: test new TLF version (now with tables!)

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Yes. Please.

If you do find something broken, small test cases would be very helpful in getting it fixed.

Thanks,
Harbs

AW: [4.14] Help wanted: test new TLF version (now with tables!)

Posted by Ulrich Andreas <An...@formware.de>.
Posted by Ulrich Andreas <An...@formware.de>.
I tested (quickly) the rest of the application which uses a lot of RTF Textflow Containers and everything seems to work ok.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Thanks for testing!

Posted by Ulrich Andreas <An...@formware.de>.

Posted by Ulrich Andreas <An...@formware.de>.
Intern: for project use only

I tried both, but still no luck...

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

Posted by Ulrich Andreas <An...@formware.de>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

Posted by Ulrich Andreas <An...@formware.de>.
Intern: for project use only

Hi,

coming from 4.12 I was not able to run our Project because of an Exception with the BusyIndicator

Simple TestCode:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<s:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
			   xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx">
	<s:BusyIndicator visible="true" width="100" height="100"/>
</s:Application>

Error: Skin for busytest.ApplicationSkin2.containerGrp.contentGroup.BusyIndicator5 cannot be found.
	at spark.components.supportClasses::SkinnableComponent/attachSkin()[C:\Jenkins\workspace\flex-sdk_release-candidate\frameworks\projects\spark\src\spark\components\supportClasses\SkinnableComponent.as:713]
	at spark.components.supportClasses::SkinnableComponent/validateSkinChange()[C:\Jenkins\workspace\flex-sdk_release-candidate\frameworks\projects\spark\src\spark\components\supportClasses\SkinnableComponent.as:457]
	at spark.components.supportClasses::SkinnableComponent/createChildren()[C:\Jenkins\workspace\flex-sdk_release-candidate\frameworks\projects\spark\src\spark\components\supportClasses\SkinnableComponent.as:416]
	at mx.core::UIComponent/initialize()[C:\Jenkins\workspace\flex-sdk_release-candidate\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:7695]
	at mx.core::UIComponent/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::childAdded()[C:\Jenkins\workspace\flex-sdk_release-candidate\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:7556]
	at mx.core::UIComponent/addChildAt()[C:\Jenkins\workspace\flex-sdk_release-candidate\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:7260]
	at spark.components::Group/addDisplayObjectToDisplayList()[C:\Jenkins\workspace\flex-sdk_release-candidate\frameworks\projects\spark\src\spark\components\Group.as:2116]
	at spark.components::Group/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::elementAdded()[C:\Jenkins\workspace\flex-sdk_release-candidate\frameworks\projects\spark\src\spark\components\Group.as:1707]
	at spark.components::Group/setMXMLContent()[C:\Jenkins\workspace\flex-sdk_release-candidate\frameworks\projects\spark\src\spark\components\Group.as:653]
	at spark.components::Group/set mxmlContent()[C:\Jenkins\workspace\flex-sdk_release-candidate\frameworks\projects\spark\src\spark\components\Group.as:593]
	at spark.components::SkinnableContainer/set mxmlContent()[C:\Jenkins\workspace\flex-sdk_release-candidate\frameworks\projects\spark\src\spark\components\SkinnableContainer.as:665]
	at spark.components::SkinnableContainer/createDeferredContent()[C:\Jenkins\workspace\flex-sdk_release-candidate\frameworks\projects\spark\src\spark\components\SkinnableContainer.as:1092]
	at spark.components::SkinnableContainer/createContentIfNeeded()[C:\Jenkins\workspace\flex-sdk_release-candidate\frameworks\projects\spark\src\spark\components\SkinnableContainer.as:1120]
	at spark.components::SkinnableContainer/createChildren()[C:\Jenkins\workspace\flex-sdk_release-candidate\frameworks\projects\spark\src\spark\components\SkinnableContainer.as:915]
	at spark.components::Application/createChildren()[C:\Jenkins\workspace\flex-sdk_release-candidate\frameworks\projects\spark\src\spark\components\Application.as:1564]
	at mx.core::UIComponent/initialize()[C:\Jenkins\workspace\flex-sdk_release-candidate\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:7695]
	at spark.components::Application/initialize()[C:\Jenkins\workspace\flex-sdk_release-candidate\frameworks\projects\spark\src\spark\components\Application.as:1387]
	at busytest/initialize()
	at mx.managers.systemClasses::ChildManager/childAdded()[C:\Jenkins\workspace\flex-sdk_release-candidate\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\systemClasses\ChildManager.as:197]
	at mx.managers.systemClasses::ChildManager/initializeTopLevelWindow()[C:\Jenkins\workspace\flex-sdk_release-candidate\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\systemClasses\ChildManager.as:367]
	at mx.managers::SystemManager/initializeTopLevelWindow()[C:\Jenkins\workspace\flex-sdk_release-candidate\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\SystemManager.as:3065]
	at mx.managers::SystemManager/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::kickOff()[C:\Jenkins\workspace\flex-sdk_release-candidate\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\SystemManager.as:2851]
	at mx.managers::SystemManager/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::preloader_completeHandler()[C:\Jenkins\workspace\flex-sdk_release-candidate\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\SystemManager.as:2731]
	at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
	at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
	at mx.preloaders::Preloader/timerHandler()[C:\Jenkins\workspace\flex-sdk_release-candidate\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\preloaders\Preloader.as:572]
	at flash.utils::Timer/_timerDispatch()
	at flash.utils::Timer/tick()

Regards,
Andi