Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Arup Malakar <am...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/07 19:06:56 UTC

Ability to pass client metadata while calling hive metastore

Hi Hive Users,

I am looking for a way to pass some client metadata (like: user agent in
http world) while calling hive metastore thrift API in order to be able to
trace who and in what context is making the call. Example is I would like
to know "add_partition" for table X being called by airflow DAG
hello_world. This could be accomplished in hive server2's case via setting
custom hive conf in the client (example in airflow:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-2463).
I would like to be able to obtain similar client context in hive metastore
server side. Any suggestions?

--
Arup Malakar