Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by epyonne <ep...@hotmail.com> on 2003/10/17 22:43:34 UTC

Re: Java/JSP/Servlet Programmer [off topic]

Pardon me that it is off topics....

Speaking about re-usable ResultSet, I am having a little problem with a
ResultSet and I cannot find the solution.

I have a routine in my servlet to call an Oracle stored procedure, using
CallableStatement.  Everything works fine.  Then, I want to get the row
count of the ResultSet.  I can do that by using the rs.last() method.
However, that requires the ResultSet to be scrollable.  So I change the code
accordingly.  After that, I keep getting the error message of:
SQLException: Invalid operation of forward only resultset: last

I can't figure out why.  I thought I have defined the ResultSet to be
scrollable already.  The following is the snippets:
//code begins------------------------------
DriverManager.registerDriver(new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver());
String url = "jdbc:oracle:thin:@..........";
conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url,........);
String plsql = "begin <my stored procedure>(?,?,?); end;";
CallableStatement cs = conn.prepareCall(plsql,
          ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE, ResultSet.CONCUR_UPDATABLE);
cs.registerOutParameter(1, OracleTypes.CURSOR);
cs.setString(2, InputParam1);
cs.registerOutParameter(3, Types.INTEGER);
cs.execute();
ResultSet rs = null;
rs = (ResultSet)cs.getObject(1);
rs.last();