Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/01 09:28:44 UTC

1.3 Planning

I was looking at the issues for 1.3 this morning.

Since Vladimir has taken care of two of the important issues:
* ESME-135: Add LDAP to ESME
* ESME-214: Add container-based authentication

There is anotherl big issue: ESME-328: Rewrite the comet timeline
@Eric are you still interested in starting with this issue?

There are some issues that appear to be easy as well:
* ESME-332: There are still some problems with SBT tests

There are some "low-hanging" issues where the implementation is
described in JIRA - I can help in the implementation as well:
* ESME-233: Restrict access to the logchanger in production mode
* ESME-282: When a public message is resent by one user, no other
users are able to resend it

I know Vassil was talking about other changes for this release but I
don't know how much time he will have with his new job:
* integrate with Lift's Textile parser... again
* do some more cleanup of the TwitterAPI.scala
* XMPP integrations; with actions and Lift's XMPP module, it's a no-brainer
* generate RSS/Atom feeds

The XMPP integration might be nice to have.

D.

Re: 1.3 Planning

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric and all,

No need to apologize - it happens to all of us fairly regularly.

I'll start poking around the comet rewrite and see how far I get. When
I start making changes, it will be in a branch and I'll commit
regularly, so if you want to keep an eye on how things are going or
collaborate on the rewrite that would be awesome!

Cheers,
Ethan

Re: 1.3 Planning

Posted by ejc <er...@gmail.com>.

Re: 1.3 Planning

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 9:47 AM, Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org> wrote:
>> I know Vassil was talking about other changes for this release but I
>> don't know how much time he will have with his new job:
>> * integrate with Lift's Textile parser... again
>> * do some more cleanup of the TwitterAPI.scala
>> * XMPP integrations; with actions and Lift's XMPP module, it's a no-brainer
>> * generate RSS/Atom feeds
>
> @Dick: how much time do we have for 1.3?

What about May 15?

Re: 1.3 Planning