Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Michael L Brown <mi...@philips.com> on 2005/06/14 21:26:32 UTC

config file priority

According to page 134 of the physical paperback book, the Configuration
Area Layout sections says that the user defined config file overrides
settings in the system wide config file.

I think I just found an area where it "combines" the settings of the
system-wide file.  To wit:

My file:
        [auto-props]
        *.c = svn:keywords=Id LastChangedDate LastChangedRevision
LastChangedBy HeadURL
        *.cc = svn:keywords=Id LastChangedDate LastChangedRevision
LastChangedBy HeadURL
        *.h = svn:keywords=Id LastChangedDate LastChangedRevision
LastChangedBy HeadURL
        *.f = svn:keywords=Id LastChangedDate LastChangedRevision
LastChangedBy HeadURL
        *.sh = svn:keywords=Id LastChangedDate LastChangedRevision
LastChangedBy HeadURL

System-wide:
        [auto-props]
        * = svn:keywords=Id LastChangedDate LastChangedRevision
LastChangedBy HeadURL

The result: the keywords still get applied to binary files.  Oops!  The
server does not ignore the list that is in the system-wide file, if there
is a list in the user's config file.

Either the software has a bug (doubtful) or the documentation needs to be
changed to mention this problem.

I've now changed the system-wide to look like mine :-)

MB
 --
Mike Brown (Michael.L.Brown@Philips.com)
            Lotus Bloats: Michael L Brown/MSN/MS/PHILIPS