Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christian Parpart <cp...@surakware.net> on 2001/04/20 00:39:29 UTC

That must be a bug - virtual hosts - depressed again

Hi all,

I know there has been some other people asking the same question with really
really >>less<< response.

I just downloaded one of the latest 4.0 snapshots, extracted it into
/usr/local/tomcat and configured the server.xml as follows:

  * I've removed the Tomcat-Apache service (I'd like to use it in standalone
    mode)
  * I've removed the "localhost" Host and removed its attribute defaultHost
    (service/engine/@defaultHost)
  * Then I've added three virtual hosts (www.a.com, www.b.com, and www.c.com)

    <VirtualHost name="www.a.com">
        <Context path="" docBase="/home/user_a/public_web"/>
    </VirtualHost>

    <VirtualHost name="www.a.com">
        <Context path="" docBase="/home/user_b/public_web"/>
    </VirtualHost>

    <VirtualHost name="www.a.com">
        <Context path="" docBase="/home/user_c/public_web"/>
    </VirtualHost>
  [ end of configuration ]

  Now I've started with JDK1.3 and used my browser to explore.

   www.a.com: HTTP Status 503 - This application is not currently available
   www.b.com: [everything allright]
   www.c.com: HTTP Status 503 - This application is not currently available

I followed the one and only hint given by one boy answering of all the help
shouters having the same problem (removed @defaultHost, testing with
path="/"). But it doesn't really help.

But I know it had worked any;-( time ago.
There must be a but in Tomcat blocking multiple hosts.
Why? Where? How to fix? anyway.... nobody is listening, or.....

Thanks for reading my mail,
Christian Parpart
cparpart@surakware.net