Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Aram Mirzadeh <aw...@qosina.com> on 1996/02/10 20:36:50 UTC

patch - vote

 Thanks to randy, for making the patched version available for download...
 make life a little easier, until I tried to compile...  Everythings a +1
 unless listed:

 -1 65b.new-make.tar.gz  I like the current system better, if this is improved
 			a little on how modules are compiled in, or extra
 			options, that would be great, and a +1... right now
 			-1.

 -1 72a.mod_imap_overhaul This didn't work for me... I had to patch it in by
 			 hand, and then it complained about index being
 			 redeclared.

 +0 99.bind.patch	Doesn't compile on linux alone / doesn't patch with
 			other patches

 http_main.o(.text+0xd0f): undefined reference to `FD_ISSET'
 http_main.o(.text+0x1270): undefined reference to `FD_ZERO'
 http_main.o(.text+0x129c): undefined reference to `FD_SET'

 -1 100b.os_port.patch	I think we should build the next release, and make the
 			OS/2 port available as a patch.... I think it's more
 			the other patches that don't allow OS/2 to patchin/
 			compile cleanly.

 And, I would LIKE to see more SQL based modules/patches/additions. SQL is VERY
 widely used by anyone who has any commercial application.  It is gaining more
 and more backing as well...

 I propose we change the rules of accepting/declining a patch as well... we
 should change the decline of a patch from a single -1 vote to a minimum of 2
 or 3 people, more and more people are getting involved, and a +5 -1 vote
 shouldn't make it a bad patch... if it's a OS thing okay, but just on marrit
 no.

 IMHO that is.

 <Aram>
--

			       Aram Mirzadeh
		     awm@qosina.com,awm@hyperreal.com

	43rd Law of Computing:
        	Anything that can go wr
	Segmentation violation -- Core dumped

Re: patch - vote

Posted by Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>.
On Sat, 10 Feb 1996, Aram Mirzadeh wrote:

>  And, I would LIKE to see more SQL based modules/patches/additions. SQL is VERY
>  widely used by anyone who has any commercial application.  It is gaining more
>  and more backing as well...

Oh. I wasn't aware of that. Change my SQL -1s to +0s then. (see, I *can*
be talked out of my vetoes. Very easily).

--/ Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us> /--------/ Lefler on IRC